Chartool 4e features

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

jstgtpaid wrote:
jay wrote:There is actually support for mapping the values in CT to properties on tokens in MT. The problem is that the properties for MT have to be well defined so that CT can told which ones to set.
Is there anything that I can do to help?
I think Fobbo has plans to do this mapping after he gets the data entered.
jay wrote:Macros are stored in XML so I'm pretty sure I could make those get updated as well. But, I would have to rewrite a user interface for editing them. The one in MT can't be used, and there are no plans to fix it so it can be used elsewhere :?
jstgtpaid wrote:I believe that a lot of macros have been written for the powers we have entered. It would probably be a simple matter to have a macro property added to the powers, then we could enter the macro in there for the property. That would at least give us standard macro's for the powers. I have never used Maptool, so I am not sure what would be best to implement the powers, but a standard macro seems like it would be a great start.
Very interesting idea. They are just strings to there isn't a problem saving them. And that makes it so that only the needed power macros exist on the token. The only difficulty I can think of would be if there were other non-power related macros on the tokens. I'd need to make sure I added and removed only power related macros since there wouldn't be a way to edit the others. I don't know if there is a way to tell them apart. I'll think about it some more as we get further along. I'm not sure how the macros are saved in the rptok file off the top of my head.
jstgtpaid wrote:Btw, I am hoping to have my first live-play experience with Maptools on Monday...
Good Luck!

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

UntoldGlory wrote:
jstgtpaid wrote:a standard macro seems like it would be a great start.

Btw, I am hoping to have my first live-play experience with Maptools on Monday...
The tough part is getting people to agree on what the standard should be. Some people prefer verbose, some people barebones, and some right smack dab in the middle.

Woo monday! That's totalgeeks game right? Can't wait to see you in game!
Adding two or three and allowing the player to choose set wouldn't be that difficult to do. Might be a PITA to maintain though.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

jay wrote:Might be a PITA to maintain though.
What are you talking about? WotC *never* changes or adds anything! :roll:

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

jay wrote:Adding two or three and allowing the player to choose set wouldn't be that difficult to do. Might be a PITA to maintain though.
That would be cool. Also, a column could be added to the power table in the sheet and they could enter their own and it could be saved to a user defined macro property or something like that...

Fobbo
Giant

Post by Fobbo »

jay wrote:
jstgtpaid wrote:
jay wrote:There is actually support for mapping the values in CT to properties on tokens in MT. The problem is that the properties for MT have to be well defined so that CT can told which ones to set.
Is there anything that I can do to help?
I think Fobbo has plans to do this mapping after he gets the data entered.
That is correct, It is on the To Do List, there is a very well defined set of properties that have been created by other forum members which I will be using for the mapping. This will take place after most if not all the data entry has been finished and that most things have been worked out.

Return to “CharacterTool”