I am completely lost

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Greegan
Kobold

I am completely lost

Post by Greegan »

I haven't been around the forum for some time.
I have just recently downloaded what I thought was the most recent files for your tools...
But then I noticed the screenshot for 4E supported chartools. But I cannot find the right download because I keep seeing 3.5 on my screen.
Can someone help me out and point me in the direction of the correct download?
G

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

I am pretty new to the tools as well, so I am sure that someone more familiar with the tools can give you a better answer. But I will give it a shot...

We are still working on the chartool 4e settings. That may be why the 4e game is not displayed by default. However, you can use the 4e game files and see how it looks and works currently... In the ZIP version of the current (b9) release of chartool the 4e game setting is in the chartool-0.1.b9.jar file. You can open that jar file and find the 4e game settings file in the following directory /net/rptools/chartool/resources/game/. Extract the 4e game file and put it in the chartools directory. Then when you open chartool you can select that game file and it will show you the 4e charsheet.

I would highly recommend using the combined version of the charsheet; you can select it in the view drop down menu...

Having said that, if you are comfortable using the SVN version, I would recommend using that because then you get all the latest and greatest files as the developers check them in.

Hope that helps!

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

jstgtpaid is correct Greegan; it's not officially released yet. I was afraid that if we released it too early then the token files you created with an early version wouldn't be compatible with a later version.

nimbusaconflict
Kobold

Post by nimbusaconflict »

I attempt to open the game file and get a parser error. oh well

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

nimbusaconflict wrote:I attempt to open the game file and get a parser error. oh well
Which game file and with which version of CT?

Return to “CharacterTool”