How Do I Get 4e Sheet?

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Pat!
Kobold

How Do I Get 4e Sheet?

Post by Pat! »

Hey everyone, I have been looking around the forums on ways to get the 4e character sheet but I have not been able to get anything helpful. One thread gave instructions but I was completely lost. If anyone could help me, it would be awesome. Thanks.

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

LOL... We should probably have a Sticky until it is released...

Short story is that it is not released yet. The chartool developer, Jay, talks about it here

That said, you are able to get the 4e game file and load it. I briefly talk about that here

Jay has also mentioned that he put the 4e game file in the gallery, so that might be the easiest way to get it. You can find the 4e game file labeled CT/IT PRELIMINARY 4e Game Settings File in Jay's gallery.

If you want to test it out and need more help, don't hesitate to ask...

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

Two things that I found helpful:

1st: When you download the file from the link provided above and place it into the /games section of .chartool folder, it will not have the file extension that chartool needs to load it. Click Here to get a great tutorial on that.

2nd: Load Chartool from the download .zip file from the website and run it from that folder. That will allow you to Click on Game... Select Game. It seems that there's a bug with the web start version that doesn't allow that button to work. Once you've clicked on the button, file the .chartool folder and go into games and select the D&D 4e file. Than your good to go.

You can delete the .zip version of Chartool at this point because the web start now recognizes the file and will have no problem using it from then on.

Pat!
Kobold

Post by Pat! »

Thank you both for your help, I was able to do it right this time, I found out that opening the jar file in the correct way always helps :) Have a good day.

khelegond
Kobold

Post by khelegond »

Weird - when I open the 4e game I can only be a dwarf fighter :)

Any way around this issue?

SnowFrost
Kobold

No longer there

Post by SnowFrost »

I checked the link that was posted and looked in the .jar file. The 4E character sheet is not there. Is there a post I missed concerning this?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The file became too big to fit in the gallery. It is posted here.

nanmaniac
Kobold

Re: Broken link

Post by nanmaniac »

jay wrote:The file became too big to fit in the gallery. It is posted here.
Hey Jay, This link is broken. Where can I find your dnd4e.rpgame file?
Thanks in advance
Nanmaniac

H.M.Gimlord
Kobold

Re: How Do I Get 4e Sheet?

Post by H.M.Gimlord »

Hi Jay. I've only recently registered, but I've been following this and several other threads here, but i can't find the dnd4e.rpgame file. The closest file I can find is in the gallery, but it has no extension, and the file format is not recognizable. The link posted above is broken as namaniac has mentioned. Do you know why?

BTW, Thanks for all this hard work. It sounds great.

Return to “CharacterTool”