Old School Girl looking for 2ed AD&D

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

TankGirl
Kobold

Old School Girl looking for 2ed AD&D

Post by TankGirl »

By any slim chance does anyone have a setup for 2nd edition AD&D characters?

Thanks in advance for any info.
I think we're lost... I've been lost before and this is what it looks like.

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Old School? Old School?!?

darn... if you're Old School, I must be friggin' ancient by now. My first D&D set came in a box. and we didn't have no pretty In-tar-webs around to go lookin' fer new stuff, neither, no we had to make up our dungeons, an' draw 'em by hand on graph paper. And we didn't have no fancy pencils neither, we just stuck a sharp stick n a candle fer a few minutes and used that - and we LIKED it that way!!

Okay, I'll shut up now. :)
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Old School Girl looking for 2ed AD&D

Post by jay »

TankGirl wrote:By any slim chance does anyone have a setup for 2nd edition AD&D characters?

Thanks in advance for any info.
I have not heard about one.

TankGirl
Kobold

Post by TankGirl »

ha ha thecyberwolfe
You know mine was the original 1st ed box set, and still have the ugly bluish dice that you had a crayon to rub in the numbers and original rulebooks. Loved the game since.
We play a 1st/2nd mix of rules.
I tried 3rd ed.. felt it over complicated. I like a game that's a little more loose, and when you don't know the rule.. fake it! ha ha
4th... well all I have to say is hero quest lol

Well back on thread. I can supply 2nd ed player's handbook (on pdf)and offer any info needed to make a 2nd ed character sheet. Just have no clue how to make it into a usable form.
I read something about abeille forms, I got it and was completely lost. lol
Any help would be great.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I don't mind helping you do work on it, but if you need me to do the whole thing it will be awhile. I've already promised several others ahead of you.

TankGirl
Kobold

Post by TankGirl »

aww jay you're a sweety. No hurry on anything, and anything I can do to help the process, I'll do it.
I can write up a schematic with rules and calculations and such, if that helps.. then whenever you find the time do it, it will be easier.
Then you only need to write code.
You just let me know.

I might just try to make a php version since I know php. Unfortunately that wouldn't help anyone else.

Witchlocke
Cave Troll

Post by Witchlocke »

If there's been any work on the 2nd edition form yet, I'd be really excited. I'm another one that couldn't move past 2nd. 3rd, IMO, just wasn't Dungeons and Dragons. : )

I would really love to see a form for 2nd edition here, but like Tank Girl, I don't know a flippin' thing about writing code for it.
Pick one. They're all stupid thought inhibitors.

Games on Playbyweb.com: Shadow of Dullindeep and Heroic Adventures

Stitched
Dragon

Post by Stitched »

How would To-Hit work? Would you need to create tables for checking AC/HD ?

2nd Ed. has a lot of crunchy matrix stuff that might be a bear to tackle.

A shame I didn't move to Sweden with my books. I would love to take a look at 2nd Edition again.

PS - Do people still make modules for it or can you even get the old adventures for it?

Witchlocke
Cave Troll

Post by Witchlocke »

There aren't any new modules out there, unless they are homebrew. But, you can definitely still find modules from back in the 80's and 90's.

As for the game rules, I have an old .doc file of the PHB if you want, though TankGirl said that she had a pdf of it (which might be easier to read). The rules are really easy to find out there.

It's not as straight forward as some of the 3rd edition stuff (haven't checked out 4th yet), but most are based off the d20. It's just differs in if you need a high roll or low roll, depending on what you are doing. The only time you might need any of the other dice is usually for damage or thief rolls (which in the latter case is all based on d100).
Pick one. They're all stupid thought inhibitors.

Games on Playbyweb.com: Shadow of Dullindeep and Heroic Adventures

Return to “CharacterTool”