Thanks and some questions

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

MrWuten
Kobold

Thanks and some questions

Post by MrWuten »

Hello people responsible for the Character Tools,

First off, many thanks for the 4e character sheet. It's absolutely amazing the amount of work you guys put in for average gamers like us.

A couple of questions:

I noticed that in the Combat tab, under the powers section, there are buttons for attack, damage and crit. I'm asking out of ignorance since I can't figure it out, but are these linked to the dice tool or map tool to produce results? I tried clicking on them but nothing happened...

And also, is there any intention to incorporate the recent Forgotten Realms characters into this? If not, is there a way a commoner like myself could edit the file to add these powers and races in? Would it be too difficult, do you think?

Many thanks again!

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Thanks and some questions

Post by jay »

MrWuten wrote:I noticed that in the Combat tab, under the powers section, there are buttons for attack, damage and crit. I'm asking out of ignorance since I can't figure it out, but are these linked to the dice tool or map tool to produce results? I tried clicking on them but nothing happened...
They are not attached to MT or DT, but the rolls should show up in the CT message area. The message area is just under the form, but when you run it the first time it will minimize itself so you can't see it. Try making it larger and see if your messages are showing.
MrWuten wrote:And also, is there any intention to incorporate the recent Forgotten Realms characters into this? If not, is there a way a commoner like myself could edit the file to add these powers and races in? Would it be too difficult, do you think?
I don't have any plans to do this. It is possible to update the file for yourself, but it isn't very easy to do. There isn't an editor for game settings files yet. I've been wanting to add an editor to make it easier, but that is going to take awhile. You can read the Attention Authers threads about how to do some of the stuff and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. I've also wanted to add a simpler way to add new material to other game settings files so that you can just stack all of the content you want. But that is going to have to wait for the editor as well.

MrWuten
Kobold

Post by MrWuten »

Oh man, I thought it was just going to be a matter of cutting and pasting, then editing some values and names. But I had a quick look at the files and at the threads in the forum, and I got completely lost...I guess I'll just have to wait for the editor, or for some kind soul with the desire to play Forgotten Realms and a large capacity for coding to do this.

Thanks anyway!

Return to “CharacterTool”