Chartool won't run anymore on linux

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Mixtr
Kobold

Chartool won't run anymore on linux

Post by Mixtr »

After years of running on the same install and old config files, I decided to have a fresh install of linux and now chartool won't load. The progress bar stops at 90% and it freezes there until I hit Ctrl+C in the console window.

I have java 1.6, I tried b10 and b9, tried erasing .chartool dir.
Then I noticed version b10 seems to mess the .chartool dir:

Code: Select all

database
database\CHARTOOL.1.log.db
database\CHARTOOL.data.db
database\CHARTOOL.index.db
database\CHARTOOL.trace.db
images
game
version.xml
Notice the files database\CHARTOOL.* are actually named like that and not part of the database dir. The database dir was empty. I tried to copy every CHARTOOL.* files in the database dir but it still doesn't work

This is the output from chartool, if it can help:

Code: Select all

TinyLaF v1.3.04                                        
'Default.theme' not found - using YQ default theme.    
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mozilla/javascript/ContextFactory                                                                            
        at com.sun.script.javascript.RhinoScriptEngine.<clinit>(RhinoScriptEngine.java:65)                                                                                  
        at com.sun.script.javascript.RhinoScriptEngineFactory.getScriptEngine(RhinoScriptEngineFactory.java:74)                                                             
        at javax.script.ScriptEngineManager.getEngineByName(ScriptEngineManager.java:243)                                                                                   
        at net.rptools.chartool.model.property.AbstractEngineScript.getEngine(AbstractEngineScript.java:178)
        at net.rptools.chartool.model.property.AbstractEngineScript.<clinit>(AbstractEngineScript.java:114)
        at net.rptools.chartool.model.property.AbstractScript.<init>(AbstractScript.java:86)
        at net.rptools.chartool.model.property.InvokableScript.<init>(InvokableScript.java:79)
        at net.rptools.chartool.model.property.AbstractScript.createScript(AbstractScript.java:196)
        at net.rptools.chartool.model.property.PropertySettingsFile.getNamedScripts(PropertySettingsFile.java:549)
        at net.rptools.chartool.model.property.PropertySettingsFile.loadPropertySettings(PropertySettingsFile.java:685)
        at net.rptools.chartool.model.CharToolSettingsFile.loadCharToolGameSettings(CharToolSettingsFile.java:136)
        at net.rptools.chartool.model.CharToolSettingsFile.installCharToolGameSettings(CharToolSettingsFile.java:127)
        at net.rptools.chartool.model.CharToolGameSettings.installGameSettings(CharToolGameSettings.java:274)
        at net.rptools.chartool.CharTool.loadSettings(CharTool.java:144)
        at net.rptools.chartool.CharTool.main(CharTool.java:87)
Any help would be appreciated, I need my character...
--mixtr

Mixtr
Kobold

Re: Chartool won't run anymore on linux

Post by Mixtr »

... and I also erased .java/.userPrefs/net dir to see if it would help with a fresh install of chartool.

Still no luck.
--mixtr

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

To be honest, it looks like you don't have a full install of java or something like that (or possibly your classpath is not set right). I am not sure if Rhino comes with the base Java install or not or if there is a option during the install process.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Mixtr
Kobold

Post by Mixtr »

I don't have any problems running Maptool and tokentool..
--mixtr

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Mixtr wrote:I don't have any problems running Maptool and tokentool..
Neither of those use javascript while inittool and chartool do.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Mixtr
Kobold

Post by Mixtr »

Got it working now, thanks for hinting me the right way. Installed rhino..
--mixtr

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

I know on windows that I did not install it manually. I assume linux just breaks things down in their install packages more while the windows binaries just install everything.

Return to “CharacterTool”