Is it possible to macro

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Topknot
Cave Troll

Is it possible to macro

Post by Topknot »

Char. Tool to Maptool. I have just been looking @ the Char. tool and seen that is has a token slot.
Thanx
"Gold is for the mistress,.....
Silver for the maid,....
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade"

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,..."But Iron....Cold Iron...is master of them all."

-kipling_

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: Is it possible to macro

Post by jfrazierjr »

Topknot wrote:Char. Tool to Maptool. I have just been looking @ the Char. tool and seen that is has a token slot.
Thanx
Yes and no. I don't have the details, but Jay has worked on a "translation" file which takes the native Chartool property format and "maps" it to a Maptool token property and outputs a token in some way. Currently, that file is set up to output Maptool token properties to match the TK D&D4E set. I assume that at some point in the future, you would also be able to have each player build this translation file or edit if they so wished to modify how the generated token properties were built. I don't think Jay has made it to the point yet of translating the Chartool powers into Maptool token macros yet, but he will have to say more.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Is it possible to macro

Post by jay »

I have added a way for MT macros to be added to the CT token files. I've not built it yet though. All of the macros from the TK 4e set of a couple of months ago will be in the next release.

Return to “CharacterTool”