Not just creation, but tracking!

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Benz72
Giant

Not just creation, but tracking!

Post by Benz72 »

I recently had an accounting error in which I lost track of some character point totals. It occurs to me that is we are trying to link CT to MT so that CT traits are readable into campaign files (is that right?) there may be a way to run the connection in the ither direction.

e.g.
To start a new campaign the GM assigns character point totals and the players create their PCs, either in CT directly or by some other method and import them into CT. A copy is archived in the campaign and our game begins. Various adventures ensue, during which our beloved hero loses an eye and has it bionically replaced / learns a new spell / gains a new government contact / is knighted / etc. etc. etc.
Is it conceivable that there could be a way, in MT, to export those events (or rather their character point representations) to CT.
If that is too difficult, can we start small and say, keep track of ammunition, such that when saving at the end of an adventure the CT file gets updated to show that our hero only has X arrows left?

Thanks,
Z

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Not just creation, but tracking!

Post by jay »

Benz72 wrote:I recently had an accounting error in which I lost track of some character point totals. It occurs to me that is we are trying to link CT to MT so that CT traits are readable into campaign files (is that right?) there may be a way to run the connection in the ither direction.
You can add a new property to track that kind of data and then you can provide a mapping to transfer the data back and forth between CT and MT.

Benz72
Giant

Post by Benz72 »

Thanks!
Did I miss the tutorial on this?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Nope. All of this stuff is fairly new and nowhere near complete. So it doesn't make sense to have a tutorial yet.

Return to “CharacterTool”