Dnd4e game setting updates available!

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

EighthSin
Kobold

Dnd4e game setting updates available!

Post by EighthSin »

I have started to extending the dnd4e game settings files to support other published supplements. Currently working on Adv. Vault.

I have added all the new masterwork armour and non magical weapons. I have also updated to the propertyDescriptorSet.xml with hooks to the new weapon properties.

The attachment only contains the files that have been updated so that you can replace the files your current dnd4e.rpgame settings file.

If you have updated your settings file please see my next post on how to patch your files without losing your changes.

*** Before you start to apply the updates make a backup copy of your settings file first ***

To update the setting file:

1 - extract the files from the dnd4e.rpgame archive to a folder

2 - extract the files from the dnd4e_updated_files (attached to this post) to the smae folder as in step 1 folder. And replace the files.

3 - zip the contents of the folder from step 1 making sure you use the file extention .rpgame e.g. dnd4e.rpgame

You may find that you need to reset CT and then add the settings file back into CT for everything take effect.
Attachments
dnd4e_updated_files.zip
(38.32 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Last edited by EighthSin on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EighthSin
Kobold

Re: Dnd4e game setting updates available!

Post by EighthSin »

The attached .zip file contains the fragments to patch your dnd4e settings files if you have already made your own custumizations and do not want to lose them.

*** Before you start to apply the updates make a backup copy of your settings file first ***

To patch the files:

1 - extract the files from the dnd4e.rpgame archive to a folder

2 - extract the files from the dnd4e_patch_files (attached to this post)

3 - open the patch files (xml) and copy and paste contents of the patch files as follows:

newArmorItemAV.xml ----> property/database/armourItem.rpdat
newWeapon.xml ----> property/database/weapon.rpdat
newWeaponItem.xml ----> property/database/weaponItem.rpdat

In each of the above cases the patchs should be inserted between the last
</weapon> tag and the </rptools-data> tag at the end of the file.

newWeaponProperties.xml ----> property/propertyDescriptorSet.xml
This patch should be pasted between between the <properties></properties>
tags of the <property name="weapon" type="MAP"> and the
<property name="offHand" type="MAP">

3 - zip the contents of the folder from step 1 making sure you use the file extention .rpgame e.g. dnd4e.rpgame

You may find that you need to reset CT and then add the settings file back into CT for everything take effect.
Attachments
dnd4e_patch_files.zip
(2.91 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

Return to “CharacterTool”