Character Tool Request

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Hidamen
Kobold

Character Tool Request

Post by Hidamen »

Hello All,

There's any plugin or something for the character tool or/and map tool for the white wolf universe.

If it already exist i didn't manage to find can you please point me to the right direction.

Really thanks

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: Character Tool Request

Post by jfrazierjr »

Hidamen wrote:Hello All,

There's any plugin or something for the character tool or/and map tool for the white wolf universe.

If it already exist i didn't manage to find can you please point me to the right direction.

Really thanks

This is probably the wrong place since this forum is for 'new' tools. I don't know off the top of my head of anyone that has done a sheet for any WW stuff... You can do it yourself though, if your willing to put in the work. It's a lot of manual effort at this point, but Jay(developer) is happy to point people in the right direction. He is working on a UI editor to build character sheets, but no idea when it will be ready for prime time.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Hidamen
Kobold

Post by Hidamen »

Ow,

That's awesome i don't have the skill to develop the programming but i may help with collect data like skills calculations and so on.

Where can i contact him to see if there's anything that i may help.

Thanks jfrazierjr

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

(Moved to the CharTool forum.)

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Hidamen wrote:Ow,

That's awesome i don't have the skill to develop the programming but i may help with collect data like skills calculations and so on.

Where can i contact him to see if there's anything that i may help.

Thanks jfrazierjr
Well... if he does not reply to this thread within a few days(give it 5 or so), send Jay a PM. All of the RPtools use a java program called Abeille(sp??) forms which is a form designer and I think you would be able to use that to design the layout (I don't know for sure if thats how the CT works or not). Then after you have the form layout done, I am sure you can find someone to help do the programming parts(but it's really not that hard as long as you can follow logic based constructs)
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Hidamen
Kobold

Post by Hidamen »

Sound interesting,

I'll give a try on this one with the help from you guys should be poc.

Btw do you have the link for this (java program called Abeille(sp??)) just to check how it tickles, and see if there's anything that i may do for now.

Thanks man

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

It's available on java.net.

Just Google for it and add the word "download". :)

Return to “CharacterTool”