Heroclix Characters

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

BentonGrey
Kobold

Heroclix Characters

Post by BentonGrey »

Howdy guys, I was just wondering if the Character Tool could be set up to support Heroclix characters. A good friend and I have been wanting to find a way to play long distance. The map tool seems an excellent way to do that, but the characters are another concern.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Re: Heroclix Characters

Post by Hawke »

Your best bet would probably be to start working on some macros to handle the clix functions... My guess is you'd have a token setup with properties like this:

Attack
Defense
Move
Damage
Range
AttackPower
DefensePower
MovePower
DamagePower
Click1
Click2
Click3
Click4
Click5
Click6

The currently active click would be the initial values. You'd setup the "click" properties as strings that are lists including the information of the various powers... i.e. it'd look like (the syntax is wrong likely)

Click1: Attack=5;Defense=10;Damage=2;Move=6;

Then you setup a macro to damage that would read the values of Click2 and replace the Attack,Defense, etc. to the values grabbed from Click2.

Does that make any sense? lol I'm happy to continue to work it out, I'm at work so I can't experiment with the details too much right now... but this could all be done in MapTool w/o needing a CharacterTool.

Stitched
Dragon

Re: Heroclix Characters

Post by Stitched »

Hawke wrote:Your best bet would probably be to start working on some macros to handle the clix functions... My guess is you'd have a token setup with properties like this:

Attack
Defense
Move
Damage
Range
AttackPower
DefensePower
MovePower
DamagePower
Click1
Click2
Click3
Click4
Click5
Click6

The currently active click would be the initial values. You'd setup the "click" properties as strings that are lists including the information of the various powers... i.e. it'd look like (the syntax is wrong likely)

Click1: Attack=5;Defense=10;Damage=2;Move=6;

Then you setup a macro to damage that would read the values of Click2 and replace the Attack,Defense, etc. to the values grabbed from Click2.

Does that make any sense? lol I'm happy to continue to work it out, I'm at work so I can't experiment with the details too much right now... but this could all be done in MapTool w/o needing a CharacterTool.
You could also create custom graphic State icons for the click number so it would appear at the bottom of the bases.

Return to “CharacterTool”