Bare minimum rpgame file

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Mozleron
Kobold

Bare minimum rpgame file

Post by Mozleron »

After reading the Adopters posts that did a pretty good job of describing what it takes to get things running with CT, i'm at a little bit of a loss as to what the bare minimum is required to get CT to accept my .rpgame file. I'm sure i'm missing something, but the "this is not a valid file" message is not all that helpful, and there is a severe lack of documentation to be found. Maybe there's a secret cache somewhere, but i've yet to locate it.

So, is there a good template or minimalist example somewhere of what is required to make a (barely) functioning .rpgame file?

Thanks,
~Mozleron

bob6
Kobold

Re: Bare minimum rpgame file

Post by bob6 »

I get this same problem, and although I haven't tested it yet, i've got a feeling I know why... Did you by chance use notepad to edit the file? Notepad and possibly some other editing progs may be automatically putting junk at the start of the file. XML would probably recognise this as whitespace, and it is apparently a big no-no to have whitespace at the start of an XML file.

Try using a different editor and see what happens, perhaps an editor called Eclipse? I've heard that is pretty good for playing with XML, as well as all other types of code.

Return to “CharacterTool”