Character Tool

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

dLANbandit
Dragon

Character Tool

Post by dLANbandit »

Has something like this not been suggested before?

It would be useful to have shareable character sheets either as another tool or as part of the map tool. But I would like to be able to share my character with the GM, and even share loot lists with other players.

This tool should have the ability to put in variables based on other variables, and usable off line.

Additionally the sheets should be able to be saved as a file , along with the rule sets, thus allowing you to share them with others to use.

Bonus Points:
The ultimate would be a character tool server that made sure you followed a set of rules in building up your character. Then when you reconnected to the GM character tool, it would alert him to any changes in your sheet(Highlight orange), and any apparent rule violations would boldly alert him. (Highlight Red).

I've gone Overboard ... Bonus Points:
The character sheet would have macros, or the map tool could hook up to it and use its variables in its macros. Then token states could be automatically controlled by the character tool. SO when I hit my macro my token could change the picture, (gif heaven), or when my hit points cause me to drop, my token would auto change state. When I changed my fighter stance to be shield on my back and bow in hand my token pic could change.

dLANbandit
Dragon

whoops

Post by dLANbandit »

sorry found the character sheet thread.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

Err.... Did you notice the thread called "Character Sheet Tool" a couple lines down that's on page 9?

EDIT: I see you have. :lol:
I cast firecube! ~4E

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

Yes, this keeps coming up. I think the rules violation bit was new, though. http://kontek.net/frozen/misc/CharSheet.zip is a decent tool for easy digital character sheets, and it is open source, but it isn't great.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

Anaxim
Kobold

Post by Anaxim »

Bit of a necro post:
If you want a good chat sheet source, made nearly specifically for d20 3.5, then go here:
http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/index.php
Good source, very good even. All calculating and stuff. Omnipotent.

-Anaxim

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

It actually came up at one point to integrate the profiler and MT. I don't imagine it would be too hard. Perhaps once things settle down with MT I can take a closer look.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”