Stamp/Object token tool

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Gully
Kobold

Stamp/Object token tool

Post by Gully »

Ok Not sure if there is a specific way to wright this out but here goes.

We already have the token tool which is great for standard monster/character tokens.

What about a tool that would be usefull for generating background stamps and object tokens.

The following features should be present.
1. Drag and drop both in and out (much like the token tool)
2. The ability to add alpha layer and change translucent values of specfic areas
*This can be done by allowing draw style tools to Impliment changes.
3. The ability to set default Border for object {overides may be acomplished manualy through regular maptool functions} [Not sure if this can be done without code change in MT but I believe there should be away]
4. The ability to add lighting to the object {This would need to automaticaly add particular lighting sets to the MT main}
5. Option for Light and vision blocking. Actualy this would not be doable unless the vision bloking layer functions where slightly re worked. I would sugest allowing VB to be anchored to the actual object/stamp (allowing a door to be opened and retain VB but in a different vector.
6. A color to color parser for quick change of a stamps look
7. A selectable default size for medium (scale it and check a box?)

Any who is this dumb or does this make since to any one else?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Stamp/Object token tool

Post by Azhrei »

Gully wrote:What about a tool that would be usefull for generating background stamps and object tokens.
You mean like GIMP or Photoshop?
The following features should be present.
3. The ability to set default Border for object {overides may be acomplished manualy through regular maptool functions} [Not sure if this can be done without code change in MT but I believe there should be away]
I don't know what this means.
4. The ability to add lighting to the object {This would need to automaticaly add particular lighting sets to the MT main}
After importing a token into MapTool you can customize it however you want and then right-click and choose Save As... Now you'll have an object with lighting, aura, sight, or whatever else you've configured. If you drag-n-drop that token into your map, all those settings come back.

(Although there's currently a bug where the Property Type is reset to "Basic", but that won't affect objects much anyway.)
5. Option for Light and vision blocking. Actualy this would not be doable unless the vision bloking layer functions where slightly re worked. I would sugest allowing VB to be anchored to the actual object/stamp (allowing a door to be opened and retain VB but in a different vector.
Already being worked on, but is harder than it might look as the VBL is currently vector-based and most image drawing programs are raster-based (like PNG and JPG files).

Btw, welcome to RPTools!

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”