Text+Map-Module-Idea

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

dungeonmaster45
Kobold

Text+Map-Module-Idea

Post by dungeonmaster45 »

I am sure all of us remember the MUDS from the early days of Online gaming.

I think that having an option that would simulate a text+graphic Text Game could be really fun. Like you would be able to edit the fields and fill out your own story and give rewards using the macro for success if in some manner to make success and fail.

Also you already have the fields for every token so it would just need an automatic Health and Attribute command so that once you have "signed in the character" to play in the 'Mudd' that your stats will be taken from the Token Information. There is probably a thousand things you could do that would be more user-friendly; that's the idea.

These functions of N = North , S= South commands would open a certain map of the area. Now to judge movement on the grid could be chess-like variables (or arrays). Hmmm...

Also this idea remind me of Living Greyhawk where the modules are static responses. The idea could ultimately have many server hosts make an update which they could create storylines and opponents; I doubt that any Dungeon Master would want to put too much confidence in it for campaign purposes but for times when there is no DM , it could be a great time-waster.

Just an idea that I had while playing with Maptool. Thanks for listening.

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”