Using OpenOffice with RPTool, specifically maptool

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Greegan
Kobold

Using OpenOffice with RPTool, specifically maptool

Post by Greegan »

Has anyone given any thought to this? Since both software are java based, or are they? I don't know. If there's a way to network maptools then could there not be a way to integrate that same programming so you could share gaming files with another OpenOffice user?
There would be alot of data entry but I know those guys from the DMGenie forum... hey they're the moderators here. Cool! I know many of the DMGenie fans were willing to help out with data entry and some programming. It could certainly accomodate different gaming rules..........
Hey I've always liked Access and Excel but if OO can make us all connect, why not?
My 2 cp

Notsonoble
Dragon

Re: Using OpenOffice with RPTool, specifically maptool

Post by Notsonoble »

This has sorta come up once... because I built a template in OOo for pathfinder monster stats (to look as much like the pathfinder statblock as possible)...

They are both built in java... and both use a lot of xml backend... but I'm not really sure how one could do much to make use one another... perhaps some more detailed concepts...?
My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
Notsonoble's Samsung Galaxy S

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”