On top of everything else you have going on

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

mikey
Giant

On top of everything else you have going on

Post by mikey »

I am a tax man, so I understand what busy means (especialy now). I know that you folks (Team Maptools) has a ton of stuff going on, but I would like to make a suggestion to your website.

Is there any possible way to expand your forums to a section for just campaigns that use MT? I know you have affiliate websites that do that very same thiing, but it drives me crazy jumping back and forth between you and them. Also, it seems the other websites have ...issues. Don't get me wrong those sites are great and I support them, it just seems odd that we should need to go elesewhere to find or offer games using Maptools.

Hopefully I am not rocking the boat, and I will never mention this again if this subject is out of line.

:D

Mikey

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Are you looking for the ability to just post game announcements, LFG type stuff, or campaign management ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

mikey
Giant

A little of both

Post by mikey »

Dm looking for players, players for games, campaigns description, but nothing major as a dedicated forum to one campaign or anything like that.

Mikey

darkeness66
Giant

Post by darkeness66 »

I wouldn't mind seeing a section for campaign managment, but I know there are server space issues and such. It would be nice to have a stable forum to post info to my players about my online game. I think (hope) that might encourage others to use MT themselves when they see how many others are using for successful games.

At the very least though, a section for recruitment would be great. I had to go to 3 different forums to recruit the players for my game. :cry:

Emryys
Dragon

Re: A little of both

Post by Emryys »

mikey wrote:I am a tax man
Me too, only not full time anymore (thankfully... ;) )
mikey wrote:Dm looking for players, players for games, campaigns description, but nothing major as a dedicated forum to one campaign or anything like that.
This could be good and it would definately raise the profile as well as provide an opportunity for wanderers to get into demos, etc... :)
Game On!

mikey
Giant

Lucky!

Post by mikey »

Yeah this will be my last season. I have a degree in education and I am burned out with the taxes...the money is less, but I really love teaching.

Mikey

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

I just wanted to tip my hat to ya Mikey! I have the utmost respect for teachers. It's one of the lesser resepected careers in this country (which is why we keep sliding further and further down the international test scores list :x ) in regards to our society in general and I believe one of the more underpaid positions in our country. I actually wanted to be a history teacher when I was in high school, but I got lucky with a music career, and have been basically entertaining ever since. I do teach, just not professionally. I've been teaching voice and drums on and off for the last 20 years. I wish I had more time to keep a big list of students, but with my mentalism career gaining traction I'm not home enough for it. I'm not rich as an entertainer, but I'm one of those people who needs to love what they are doing to keep doing it, and I love performing. Glad to see you are getting to go back and do something you love! :D
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”