Item Tool

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Ryuu Kage Desu
Cave Troll

Item Tool

Post by Ryuu Kage Desu »

Just took another look at my pages upon pages of items, and my huge table of equipment. My system accounts for different materials and enhancements.
Now I'm thinking of a program that would hold item types, materials, enhancements, etc., and there values. Allowing them to be mixed. A "random" option would also be nice. Perhaps, as an extra, allow for an image to be attached and dropped in to maptools.
Overcome your mental barriers and open your mind.
Do this and the answers that elude you will be placed at your feet.
Then again, answers are meaningless without the questions.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Item Tool

Post by Azhrei »

Well, we'll probably be beefing up the tables in MapTool at some point. Not sure what direction that will take as it's further down on the priority list.

I can see a reason for separating out the information so that it can be used in CharTool, for example, but I'm not sure about a separate tool that would essentially be a spreadsheet...

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Ryuu Kage Desu wrote:Just took another look at my pages upon pages of items, and my huge table of equipment. My system accounts for different materials and enhancements.
Now I'm thinking of a program that would hold item types, materials, enhancements, etc., and there values. Allowing them to be mixed. A "random" option would also be nice. Perhaps, as an extra, allow for an image to be attached and dropped in to maptools.
maybe you can make use of my: TABLES, everything you always wanted to do with them
You can paste excel info straight into it, it can't handle images though...

Ryuu Kage Desu
Cave Troll

Post by Ryuu Kage Desu »

That's cool. Basically what I'm dealing with is, instead of having just plate armor, my system accounts for say plate carved from wood, then spikes thrown on it, and then spelled with ironwood. Each step and material alters the stats of the item, so I'll be happy if I can choose five or more options and all the stats are calculated.
I'm checking out wolph42's link and seeing if it will work. (But after giving it the first once over, I'm wandering if a new form in the character creator would be closer to what I'm asking for.)

Ryuu Kage Desu
Cave Troll

Post by Ryuu Kage Desu »

Created a twin topic here.

Ryuu Kage Desu
Cave Troll

Post by Ryuu Kage Desu »

Is here any tutorials for the character tool?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Looks like you asked this question in the CharTool forum (which is where it really belongs) so I'm going to lock this thread.

Questions (and answers!) for CharTool should be in the thread that RKD linked to above.

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”