Macro Set Editor

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

CertusRaven
Kobold

Macro Set Editor

Post by CertusRaven »

Hi folks,

I'd like to ask for an editor, where you can edit e whole macro set, not only 1 macro at a time.

Somehting like an text editor, that opens every included macro of the macro set in its own tab. That would make makro editing a lot more comfortable, especially when you have thirty+ macros per player token to edit.

And yes, I want it as a stand alone program, not as a feature in maptool itself. ;)
"My English is not very good. My German is better." - Lothar Matthäus

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Macro Set Editor

Post by Azhrei »

MapTool 1.4 will use JavaScript. We haven't nailed down the details of how the files will be stored, but we expect that you will be able to use your favorite editor to edit the JavaScript.

Note that the JS code will be for FW developers and GMs, not for users.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

You really want to check out macroIO, or better yet the new version by aliasmask (edit: its RPEdit). Its a tool to export all macros on a token at once into a text editor of your choice and import it back after your editing. (given - a specific tool only for that purpose might be even easier to use)

If you work on a windows machine there is nice syntax highlighting possible for notepad++ (again thanks to aliasmask).

Follow the link in my sig.
Last edited by CoveredInFish on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Telarus
Giant

Post by Telarus »

CoveredInFish wrote:You really want to check out macroIO, or better yet the new version by aliasmask (I forgot how he named it). Its a tool to export all macros on a token at once into a text editor of your choice and import it back after your editing. (given - a specific tool only for that purpose might be even easier to use)

If you work on a windows machine there is nice syntax highlighting possible for notepad++ (again thanks to aliasmask).

Follow the link in my sig.
I'm coding my framework in Notepad++ with the syntax highlighting. I second that suggestion, it supports multiple tabs, etc.

What's this IO thing now?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Telarus wrote:
CoveredInFish wrote:Follow the link in my sig.
What's this IO thing now?
He told you to check out his .sig ... :)

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Or go directly to the newest version RP-Edit.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

if you go to rpedit of aliasmask also download his plugins for notepad++ so you have a code colored layout in your editor specifically designed for Maptool

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Notepad++ works on Windows, Mac, Linux and the BSD's as far as I know using WINE. I use it all the time in ArchLinux.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

neofax wrote:Notepad++ works on Windows, Mac, Linux and the BSD's as far as I know using WINE. I use it all the time in ArchLinux.
There is a part of my brain that just wants to pretend the above sentence never occurred... :)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Craig wrote:
neofax wrote:Notepad++ works on Windows, Mac, Linux and the BSD's as far as I know using WINE. I use it all the time in ArchLinux.
There is a part of my brain that just wants to pretend the above sentence never occurred... :)
Here, let me help you with that...

"These are not the 'droids you're looking for." "Move along."

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”