Rp tools for android based OS

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Re: Rp tools for android based OS

Post by S0AndS0 »

Guyon wrote:
S0AndS0 wrote: *snip*
I'm almost done adding everything into the "Maptools Specific Guide for Installing and Running on Android with (Root and Linux)" hosted on Google Drive here~
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W0H ... sp=sharing
~and would like to know if you want it added to a specific place; such as a new thread, or in a wiki somewhere. If so where would you like me to post the compiled guide and script for all users?
This would be a good question for the moderator. But if you wanted my opinion then I think this work of art belongs in a fresh link where it will be seen. Not buried deep in this thread.

BTW Congrats
I think they're listed as one of three moderators (middle one) they just happen to be a level higher in the chain of command, if I understand the chain that is... but if that's your point then I can see it if it has to do with "going over someone's helmet" or something to that effect.

Yep kinda my thoughts too, be nice to see ARM titled servers to start popping up... speaking of which :-) I'll be seeing about that and connecting two Androids both running Maptools and seeing what happens. If anyone "sees" it feel free to ask for an invite.

Thanks; it took some time but I think it was worth it to share the "last mile" with you all. Now all Igot to do is learn how to make an App or two.
I have ported Maptools Mobile for Android.
link to guide to do it yourself step by step
Maptools on ARM (Android & Pi)
or
rptools [Guide] thread
link to script to use after using section 1 of above guide
My github Repos
You may contact me through the document that I'm writing or though email or through one of the mirrors that I've posted this information on for public viewing such as XDA Developers or through PM through this very site.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Create a thread and put your link in it, along with a description. And maybe add a second post as well that's "reserved" (because posts can only be so large, and having a second post allows you to overflow into it later, if needed).

I won't need to sticky it originally, but maybe later...

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

Good morning all.

Had to do job work the last two days. I'll be putting up a new post and linking it into these posts here so anyone that stumbles across this thread can be re-directed to where main updates to this project are happening.

Updates coming soon (like an hour or two)

Update (60 minuets latter)
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24082
use the above link to find the thread that I started for this way of running Maptools. Hope to see you all there :-D
Last edited by S0AndS0 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos
You may contact me through the document that I'm writing or though email or through one of the mirrors that I've posted this information on for public viewing such as XDA Developers or through PM through this very site.

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

wolph42 wrote:When that's done well sticky it.
heh, cool.
It's now up in "Documentation Requests/Discussion"
I've already reserved all the posts that I think I'll need to maintain this project.

Now all we need are some good templates and other downloadables to be suggested to be included in the download and install portion of the script and it'll be so quick and easy that from start to finish on a rooted phone it'll take less than 3 hours to set up from scratch :-D

I've also been testing this script on Ubuntu (wheeze) on my other device and making edits where needed soooo it should be cross compatible for all three "flavors" of Linux to choose from that Debian Kit makes available for running.
S0AndS0 wrote: (XDA)
Update 08102013- Until I get google command line down and tested use the following link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qJo ... sp=sharing
to keep up with all the mods that I make scripted. Options 1-4 in the script should work just fine :-D Options 0 and 5-7 don't work just yet, future updates will complete them and Options 8+ will be used for more mods that I write up or are requested by others.
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

Update for today only
check here for some sweet stuff that you can test on your PC right now
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 94#p245594
should show to all you all that this works and is fantastic :-D
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

So it's been a little while... I'm now working on web hosting now that I've figured out most of the Android issues with running Maptools... I've done some searching and reading but can't find much about running Maptools off a webhost.

Should I dig deeper or work on my own answer?

Edit: looks like there's a ~.jnlp file... hmm google suggests making a ~.html file to run it and to have the relovent ~.jar files uploaded to the same directory... trying it now...

Edit² :-: ok this is the best candidate for running in browser that I could scratch together
Maptools.html

Code: Select all

<html>
<head>
    <title>Maptools</title>
</head>
<body>
<applet
	archive='MapTool-13b91-512m-4m.jnlp'
	width='100%' 
	height='100%'> 
</applet>
</body>
</html>
~ this file is added to the same directory as the ~.jnlp and ~.jar files and uploaded to a remote host via FTP connection.
In a local web browser I input the location to the ~.html file which loads the nead for a plugin to be installed ... looks more promising than the other things I've tried; further testing will be needed, PM for link if ya wish to check.
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

MapTools is a heavy, heavy client that does all sorts of work. Even if you could get it running I don't think a mobile device is going to work.

You could try screen sharing with a desktop. I think I've read of folks making that work.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

RPTroll wrote:MapTools is a heavy, heavy client that does all sorts of work. Even if you could get it running I don't think a mobile device is going to work.

You could try screen sharing with a desktop. I think I've read of folks making that work.
Oh have a bit of faith ;-) I got the server running on Android and even had my Wii do the desktop sharing before so I see no reason not to push my systems a bit further.
I think it should work in a PC browser as is; mobile compatibly would just be icing on the cake.
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Preach it, brother.

I hope you can make it work.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

RPTroll wrote:Preach it, brother.

I hope you can make it work.
I can't call for an amen just yet... But I do have a bit of progress

# java -jar netx-0.5.jar -jnlp MapTools-.jnlp
results in

netx: Spec version not supported (supports 1.0)
I'll be digging into the file itself as it's just a fancy pointer to the actual jar files and see if my server's address needs to be placed into the file path instead. Perhaps I'll even boot up a real PC...

Is there any security between client and server conections? Encryption? If so that'll make the next steps way easier...
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

No encryption or authentication of any kind, except that the client version number must match the server version number or the server will close the connection.

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”