Google+ Hangouts

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

CptCliff
Kobold

Google+ Hangouts

Post by CptCliff »

Is there any plans to port a version of Maptools to Google+ Hangouts now that the API is now available?
I'm not a programer, but would be willing to do what I can to help. I'm thinking that this would be perfect for your software.

Cheers, Cliff

ewilde1968
Kobold

Re: Google+ Hangouts

Post by ewilde1968 »

CptCliff wrote:Is there any plans to port a version of Maptools to Google+ Hangouts now that the API is now available?
I'm not a programer, but would be willing to do what I can to help. I'm thinking that this would be perfect for your software.

Cheers, Cliff
Yes, I have a few tools for which I'll likely target Google+ Hangouts.

No offense intended; but, at this point I don't see myself or my friends using the RPTools. So I've just gone off and started implementing my own tools with more of an eye to usability and long term sustainability. I'm very interested in working with the RPTools community; but, our strategy just doesn't match (though our goals do.) If you're interested in hearing more drop me a private message.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

In version 1.4, developers will be able to layer in new technologies more easily. You'll just need a developer willing to put in the time once the new OSGI architecture is implemented. Given some of the devs fondness for Google, I can easily see someone taking on this task.

We have to get 1.4 underway first, though.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

ewilde1968
Kobold

Post by ewilde1968 »

We'll also need Google to open the API for public apps. Right now the Hangout API is only available for debugging versions of a Hangout and not public Hangouts.

Amata
Kobold

Post by Amata »

Has there been any update to this?

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Not for a while. It is still on the radar.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”