Speech bubble pop-up

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

GreenMan
Cave Troll

Speech bubble pop-up

Post by GreenMan »

I vaguely remember a thread a few months back that talked about the chat window and different options to "flag" someone who had it minimized when someone had added something.

Since we are all usually looking at the "in use" area of the map, where the tokens are, my thoughts were along the line of adding an option where we could have the "speech bubble" auto pop up for a few seconds whenever the token owner added a chat line. That would flag anyone not immediately monitoring the chat window... which I tend to keep minimized so I can see my players better.

I'm curious what everyone else things of this and whether it is even worth having Trevor waste his time on it.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

I'd be for it.

I believe this has been talked about before, but with actual text appearing in the bubble.

There could be a couple modes of this too where the bubble faded off after a certain amount of time and where it stayed until you clicked it. If implemented right the chat window could be shrunk considerably most of the time.

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”