Web Design

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

captainsinith
Kobold

Web Design

Post by captainsinith »

I am currently retired but I am 37 years old and own a web design company as well as a marketing and promotions company in the United States. Since I will be running a campaign on Maptools, I will be around quite a bit. And since I don't really have anything to do during the day, I would like to offer my services. I am a professional web designer and developer -- so if there is anything web oriented that you have wanted to do or anything, feel please to ask me. I do not mind giving back.

By the way, thanks for providing this VTT for free. I am excited to start running a game.

Rock on,
CS
Currently recruiting for campaign: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: Web Design

Post by RPTroll »

There's our main site at rptools.net. Feel free to create blog posts with cool graphics. Run them past me and I'll post them.

We're always in need of java developers. If you know any, or which to become one, we could use the help.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

I would not be opposed if someone could update/add a Forums skin that used the new HTML5/CSS intelligent resizing so it scaled to Phones nicely...

Unless there is a skin already? (Their are a lot of em, haven't tried them all...)
-Jamz

captainsinith
Kobold

Post by captainsinith »

JamzTheMan wrote:I would not be opposed if someone could update/add a Forums skin that used the new HTML5/CSS intelligent resizing so it scaled to Phones nicely...

Unless there is a skin already? (Their are a lot of em, haven't tried them all...)
I definitely could change the .TPL file to make it mobile compatible. Indeed, I will work on some high quality graphics and blogs about different subjects. I appreciate you being open to me participating. I do not program Java that well; but I own a company which many of my employees are pro's at it. Give me a list of your ideas, and I'll see what I can do to spruce up the Site!

I can create a custom skin as well; I do alot of programming for Content Management Systems.

Hit me up! ROCK ON!

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

That would be awesome :mrgreen:

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

captainsinith wrote:
JamzTheMan wrote:I would not be opposed if someone could update/add a Forums skin that used the new HTML5/CSS intelligent resizing so it scaled to Phones nicely...

I definitely could change the .TPL file to make it mobile compatible. Indeed, I will work on some high quality graphics and blogs about different subjects. I appreciate you being open to me participating. I do not program Java that well; but I own a company which many of my employees are pro's at it. Give me a list of your ideas, and I'll see what I can do to spruce up the Site!

I can create a custom skin as well; I do alot of programming for Content Management Systems.

Hit me up! ROCK ON!
That would be awesome, RPtroll handles the website, hit him up! Personally, I'm just hoping for a mobile friendly skin for PhPbb. I tried all the current skins. They all scale the width to the phone and makes the text incredibly tiny...
-Jamz

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

The main rptools.net site is more mobile friendly now.

You can take a look at that and propose some background image stuff. It's a Wordpress site that gets handed around from time to time so I'm very interested in keeping it as close to stock as possible. But I'd be interested in hearing about beautification kinds of things.

We have some javascript on the individual pages now and will likely add more once the new MapTool launch capability is added. Let me know your thoughts.

captainsinith
Kobold

Post by captainsinith »

That is understandable that you want to keep it as stock as possible -- yet that is why you just have a back-up of the file(s) of the original so that they can be swapped back to normal template with just a simple file-name-change.

Fixing the auto-size is quite easy; as it's assigned with a number of pixels [ie ="100px">] -- and merely needs to be changed to ie="100%"> -- as the percentage sign will auto-align based on window/browser size; which would also align via the resolution of 95 percent of smart-phones/tablets.

I definitely would like to create some new graphics. Not change the logo or anything of the sort, but to create a graphic template to bring the site to life - as right now it has all the information and is very organized yet it is very plain.

Yes I knew it was a CMS, I have worked with it plenty of times. Same with Joomla. They are okay CMS systems. I could create a whole new "kick-donkey" CMS from scratch that would include things like social aspects [adding friends, uploading videos, and basically everything that facebook has] -- could program PHP all day.

You run the show here; would you be so kind and take some time to write out a complete list/detail of what you would like done; or ideas? I would like to envision what you have in mind so that I can begin making samples for you to check out. Anything web-site oriented is simple for me. Same with graphics [Being certified in Adobe Products makes me a pro when it comes to high quality web graphics]

As for a Mobile Compatible sire, there is alternate ways to change to MC that work as a third party insert and would not touch any original coding. Wordpress is cake.

So let me know how I can be of assistance.

Rock on,
CS

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Let's start with the graphics and go from there. PM me with your email address and we'll get started.

Thanks,
Keith

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”