You can say you heard it here first, audio RPGs, char sheets

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

gameleaper
Cave Troll

You can say you heard it here first, audio RPGs, char sheets

Post by gameleaper »

You can say you heard it here first, audio RPGs, char sheets etcc.. in audio, locations in audio, actions etc... all done in audio recordings,

imagine sitting back a lisening and recording audio, so when you need to know something you play an audio file. this could even be good for disabled players.

so your stats would be recorded in a small file for each character etc... location descriptions, and what you do each turn.

I think this could make it very atmospheric too , like the old radio shows preTV

I am going to use a text to MP3 coverter to try it out, I have some natural voice software.

the idea would be to have a folder structure for the game charsheets locations turnactions etc... and record each action in a charectors turn

here is my first character sheet, done with the app text aloud 3 and natural voice Mike, this takes all the effort out of recording, you don't even need a microphone, this is the really good I think, maybe it might be worth gaming like this.
Here is my first location, the bridge. it takes 3 seconds after typing the text to get a recording.
first turn, done in a female voice now.
playing the game events, when you want really gives a new excitments, I'm doing theses recording in seconds, faster than mapit bb.
Text Aloud 3 is quite cheap and converts text to mp3 or wav is seconds, but you need a natural voice, its from a company called nextup , you can buy a voice online, the ones I have are old, the new ones are much more natural mine are 16bit, they have far better ones.
oh no bbmike has done a turn, recording attached
whats stats is bb, recording attached
Nefaro has got a turn
Attachments
nefaro.zip
(24.21 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
bbstats.zip
(34.33 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
bbmikekirk.zip
(45.27 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
bridge.zip
(44.37 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
captmark.zip
(29.24 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

gameleaper
Cave Troll

Re: You can say you heard it here first, audio RPGs, char sh

Post by gameleaper »

another thought you could drag a recording of an item into your char sheet inantory folder. so you could have a dagger.mp3 a sword.mp3 that would tell you its damage etc...

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”