wall of features request: Drawing Grid

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Kzintzi
Giant

wall of features request: Drawing Grid

Post by Kzintzi »

Hey Trevor

could you add a drawing grid to the wall of features??

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

do you mean extra snap points ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Kzintzi
Giant

Post by Kzintzi »

I was thinking more of a separate grid grid you can size and place the drawing tools can reference instead of the normal grid - that way your map grid can be 200pix and the drawing grid can be 40pix and offset 14 pix (only an example... I can't think of ever needing to do that 'o)

if possible it should work like the normal grid in that once a texture is placed, it shouldn't move or resize if the drawing-grid is moved or resized.

I hope that's clear.. if not let me know and I'll go into it a bit more..

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Could you give me an example use case for having the different drawing grid ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Scaling for starters, If I adjust the grid size for drawing, my token scaling adjusts to the new grid size, as the grid is usually sets to roughly 5' if I want to work smaller than this, I cannot snap.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Kzintzi
Giant

Post by Kzintzi »

What CWeord said :D

I've also had occasions where I've gone "doh!! need to draw a wall there" when I'm halfway through laying down my stamps and as soon as you adjust the grid they all move...

whilst not that much of an issue on it's own, it gets bad when I goto adjust the grid to start drawing and realise I've just spent a couple of hours placing stamps with the grid at 10pix instead of 100 or 200 (mind you, snap-to-grid does work REALLY well at 20 pix 'o).

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”