The far, far future

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

brisingre
Dragon

The far, far future

Post by brisingre »

This is a vague recomendation, not honestly a suggestion. Perhaps at some point in the future this could be adapted for use for online CCGs? There is no decent generic CCG engine online, so I thought it worth suggesting, because if one gets made, you guys could probably do the best, cleanest job of it. If someone sees a good engine, please post it.
NOTE that I don't suggest this for anytime in the foreseeable future, just that I think it a good idea, maybe for a future project.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

Interesting... How would you make the cards if it was "generic"? Scan them in perhaps...

You could play via e-mail with this...
CyberBoard

You would still have to make the cards, etc ;)
Game On!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

If you can come up with a list of requirements that the engine would do, we could perhaps look at building an engine for it to support building online card games.

In fact it would be kinda neat to allow the players to create their own mods to share.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

CCG? I'm not familar with that term.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Card games, like magic, pokemon, duel masters, that kind of thing.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

Well, for openers it would need a way to set up multiple random decks of cards, from images, move them around, set states (tapped, equipped, energy attached, etc.) set a background image, show and hide cards, maybe allow effects to be applied to certain cards, and be able to destroy cards and look back through destroyed cards, recover destroyed cards, add tokens, and keep track of various things, life totals, etc. This was a very rough list of general CCG components, not a perfectly polished list. Also, I have only played Magic and a bit of Pokemon, two games, so I am not a general expert.

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

I found this for making the cards...

Magic Set Editor

It may have more uses ;)
Game On!

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

<a href="http://mtglair.de/">This works too.</a> And it's in Java, which is nice. I haven't seen the other.[/url]

Post by Guest »

http://mtglair.de/ Dang it
Brisingre, the lazy

trevor

Post by trevor »

Interesting. So we have two tools to make the cards, now just need an engine to play the game over the net :)

storyguide3
Kobold

Post by storyguide3 »

trevor wrote:Interesting. So we have two tools to make the cards, now just need an engine to play the game over the net :)
Looks like this might be one http://lackeyccg.com/
Brad Johnston
Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Looks like someone beat us to it :)

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

trevor wrote:
Looks like someone beat us to it :)
You guys could beat this. This needs plugins to adapt to different games, because it (i think) has the rules for each game it plays built in to it, and you could probably do a generic one that will work for most CCGs just like MapTool works for about any conceivable RPG. I, at least, would prefer this.

Zulithe
Kobold

Post by Zulithe »

Speaking of card games, I think it would be nifty if we had an add-on or seperate program to play Three-Dragon Ante in our online games. :D Just a pipe-dream, of course. ;)

*edit* looks like LackeyCCG would be perfect for this! I just found myself a new bookmark. */edit*

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”