Position triggered macros

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

kat2cute
Dragon

Position triggered macros

Post by kat2cute »

I think a really neat and useful thing for the wall of features would be Position-triggered macros. This would be extremely useful for traps and stuff, such as a stamp or object automatically going from hidden to background layer, or other pre-programmable macros running when a PC token steps (ends, or passes through) on a certain spot (such as into a room). We already have a coordinate system, so the next step is just macros that can make use of and specifically target certain tiles.

Forcing the token to stop moving on these spots, or any other spot via these macros would also solve several of the other view issues people have with players walking too quickly though areas and missing vital views.
Quote from an underwater D&D fight:
Alright fighter, it's your turn. What do you do?
Fighter: What do you think I do? I FAIL MY F**KING SWIM CHECK

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

That's functionality that's been planned since the beginning. I guess its waiting on scripting.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

RPTroll wrote: I guess its waiting on scripting.
Correct.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”