Support for middle mouse button, etc..

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

danielpryor
Kobold

Support for middle mouse button, etc..

Post by danielpryor »

Is there any way you guys can get support for the middle mouse button? Or at least get macros assigned to certain keys, etc. I hate switching from "interactive" mode and "FOG" mode with the current UI. Be much easier to like click the middle mouse button to toggle ebtween the two, etc. My mouse does have keystrokes I can assign to it using the logitech program , maybe that's the way to get it done....?

Also, is there any way to have the player token be the fog reveal instead of me doing it?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I think the middle mouse button is currently mapped to setting waypoints. I suppose if you aren't in a move mode, we could override it to switch tools ... ?

I don't quite understand the second part. Do you mean let the players expose their own area ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Naryt
Dragon

Post by Naryt »

trevor wrote:I think the middle mouse button is currently mapped to setting waypoints. I suppose if you aren't in a move mode, we could override it to switch tools ... ?

I don't quite understand the second part. Do you mean let the players expose their own area ?
I think he's after having the fog reveal happen automatically when the token is moved?
A wandering lost soul

harchunk
Giant

Post by harchunk »

Naryt wrote:
trevor wrote:I think the middle mouse button is currently mapped to setting waypoints. I suppose if you aren't in a move mode, we could override it to switch tools ... ?

I think he's after having the fog reveal happen automatically when the token is moved?
I thought that was getting worked in eventually anyways?

revinor
Cave Troll

Post by revinor »

I have changed middle mouse button in my version to drag the map around - then I'm able to use polyline tool for bigger areas without restarting the tool. Right click to put another corner, middle-drag, right click for corner, middle-drag etc.

We probably cannot make it a default, as not everybody has middle mouse button - but maybe an option?

harchunk
Giant

Post by harchunk »

yes that would be cool

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”