Vehicle Support

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

RurouniQ
Kobold

Vehicle Support

Post by RurouniQ »

I personally would like to see support for vehicles, ranging from small to large, and I don't just mean like a car on the map. I mean actual usable vehicles that, when you move them, move all the tokens on them as well. Theoretically, you could make it so that multiple tokens can be linked together.

I'm running a game that is basically a sea-faring game, so having a massive boat with a crew on that can be moved all at once would be invaluable.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: Vehicle Support

Post by jfrazierjr »

RurouniQ wrote:I personally would like to see support for vehicles, ranging from small to large, and I don't just mean like a car on the map. I mean actual usable vehicles that, when you move them, move all the tokens on them as well. Theoretically, you could make it so that multiple tokens can be linked together.

I'm running a game that is basically a sea-faring game, so having a massive boat with a crew on that can be moved all at once would be invaluable.
To some degree, you can do that... whoever is doing the moving must have ownership of all tokens (or the GM must move) and then just select all. I was in a pickup session a few weeks ago where this approach was used to move boats and tokens in them on a swamp lake thing...
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

There is something on the Wall of Features (I think) titled token grouping that does this. It allows you to group tokens into a logically single token for movement. It would also be handy for mass combats. This first came out when people were wanting to move horse and rider as one unit.

RurouniQ
Kobold

Post by RurouniQ »

Ah yes, drag-select seems to be working well!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

That said, the ability to group tokens together like that is on the roadmap
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

mrobviousjosh
Dragon

Post by mrobviousjosh »

trevor wrote:That said, the ability to group tokens together like that is on the roadmap
And you can support that feature with a contribution to the Wall of Features! ;)

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”