Macro Functinality Request

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Goumindong
Giant

Macro Functinality Request

Post by Goumindong »

I would love to be able to have global or campaign macros use the properties of a selected token.

E.G. Lets say i wanted to set states on a lot of tokens at once. Well either i have to to set the states on each manually, or have each token have a set state macro that will set the state.

If you can point to any selected macro with a global or campaign macro you can simply select the tokens you want to have effected and then change the state.

Hell with this method you could even have players be able to run their own area attacks(select the area of the attack, run a global macro that rolls damage once, and an attack against all selected targets and applies states as necessary)

But mainly i just want to set states on a lot of tokens.

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

You can do this now. Create a global or campaign macro with the command:
/sts Blinded

That will set the Blinded state on every selected token, assuming that Blinded is a valid state in your campaign settings.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Re: Macro Functinality Request

Post by Craig »

Goumindong wrote:I would love to be able to have global or campaign macros use the properties of a selected token.

E.G. Lets say i wanted to set states on a lot of tokens at once. Well either i have to to set the states on each manually, or have each token have a set state macro that will set the state.

If you can point to any selected macro with a global or campaign macro you can simply select the tokens you want to have effected and then change the state.

Hell with this method you could even have players be able to run their own area attacks(select the area of the attack, run a global macro that rolls damage once, and an attack against all selected targets and applies states as necessary)

But mainly i just want to set states on a lot of tokens.
/sts (set token state) will allow you to set/reset the state on all selected tokens
/stp will allow you to run a macro like [State.Blah = 1] on all selected tokens

Does this help with what you want to do?

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

Also, you can run global/campaign button macros on multiple tokens using their properties. For example, you could do a campaign macro that does a short rest or extended rest to all the selected tokens, adjusting their healing surges, hp, action points, etc.

The trick is that you cannot currently run the macro by just clicking the button. You have to RIGHT CLICK on the button and choose the option "Run For Each Selected". That will go through each selected token, temporarily impersonate that token, run the macro, then go on to the next. So it will only work for the GM unless the appropriate server settings are used to allow players to do it too.

I've submitted a patch to Trevor that will add a checkbox to global and campaign buttons, so you'll be able to configure the button to always run against the selected tokens. If/when it is added, you'll be able to set your buttons that way and just click on the buttons normally. But until then, right-click is your friend. :lol:

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

For example, here is my Extended Rest macro that I have in a campaign button. It uses a version of the health bars (but in 10% increments instead of 5% so there are fewer states), sets the Dying, Prone, Bloodied states as needed, resets AP and temp hp, etc. By putting this in a campaign button I keep it out of the token macros, leaving the players more button space for their own macros. And I really want to be the one controlling when rests get applied, so putting it in my campaign panel just makes more sense than putting it on each token.

<span style="font-size:0">
[state.Dead=0]
[state.Dying=0]
[state.Prone=0]
[state.Bloodied = 0]
[HP=MaxHP]
[TempHP=0]
[SurgeRemaining= SurgePerDay]
[AP=1]
[TodaysEnc=0]
[EncUsed=""]
[DailyUsed=""]
[UtilityEncUsed=""]
[UtilityDailyUsed=""]
[ItemsEncUsed=""]
[ItemsDailyUsed=""]
[state.HP100=1]
[state.HP90=0]
[state.HP80=0]
[state.HP70=0]
[state.HP60=0]
[state.HP50=0]
[state.HP40=0]
[state.HP30=0]
[state.HP20=0]
[state.HP10=0]
[state.HP0=0]
</span>
<b>Extended Rest!</b> HP full, Surges refilled, AP reset to 1!

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

Lindharin wrote: The trick is that you cannot currently run the macro by just clicking the button. You have to RIGHT CLICK on the button and choose the option "Run For Each Selected". That will go through each selected token, temporarily impersonate that token, run the macro, then go on to the next. So it will only work for the GM unless the appropriate server settings are used to allow players to do it too.
This is what i was missing.

hennebeck
Dragon

Post by hennebeck »

/hijack
[EncUsed=""]
[DailyUsed=""]
[UtilityEncUsed=""]
[UtilityDailyUsed=""]
[ItemsEncUsed=""]
[ItemsDailyUsed=""]

What are those for?

And also, now that there are "folders" for the states you could go back ton using all increments of the HP bars.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

I'm assuming she has a macro that concatinates a ", " and the name of any limited use power she uses, so that the "used list" can be pumped out showing what limited use powers have been used.

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

Those properties are used for tracking what powers have been used. Any power macros will append their level to the appropriate property, and for powers that don't have specific macros we have a general "Use Power" macro that prompts for a level. So if some wizard uses his level 5 daily fireball, then DailyUsed gets "5, " appended to it. Item powers can be identified by an abbreviation instead. A short rest macro clears the encounter lists. An extended rest clears them all.

It's main purpose is to store that info between sessions; we're pretty good about tracking it mentally during the session but we'll forget what powers have been used last week.

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”