Moveable macro buttons

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Benz72
Giant

Moveable macro buttons

Post by Benz72 »

I'd like to be able to arrange macro buttons in a logical order without having to know beforehand exactly which ones I'll have to create. Perhaps there is already a way to drag around the order, but I can't seem to find it.

Thank You
Last edited by Benz72 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

I believe Trevor is currently working on this for the next version after the one that gets released today. At least that is my hope. I've given him mockups and the like so hopefully it will be soon.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

Hi,

In the build due out anytime, b42, you will be able to sort global and campaign macros. Basically, the macros will have a "sort by" field on the config panel, and it sorts the buttons by the sort by field first, followed by the button label. So you can group buttons by giving them similar sort bys, and then the buttons within that group will be alphabetical. Or you could just give a unique sort by value for each macro to get the exact order you want. It isn't drag-and-drop, but it's something to tide us over until that is possible. :)

Benz72
Giant

Post by Benz72 »

Thank you,

I've tried assigning number to the "sort by" field in the middle of the edit window but the order doesn't change. Is there some kind of 'activate' command that I'm missing?

ElCucuy
Cave Troll

Post by ElCucuy »

Hi Benz,

I think currently you have to reload the campaign file to see the changes. I know there will be a automatic refresh in the next build or two, but I'm afraid I personally do not know of any other way to get those buttons to sort, except to just reload that campaign file.

El Cucuy

Jalella
Kobold

Post by Jalella »

I have the same problem: not all new features are described when a new version of maptools appears. The 'sort by' feature for macros appeared but I have no idea how to use it. I tried to enter values but couldn't see any effect on it.

I'm a bit new on that stuff. I searched around for descriptions but often I couldn't find the information I need. Is there some sort of compiled documentation (need not to be 'nice') about all functions in maptools?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Jalella wrote:Is there some sort of compiled documentation (need not to be 'nice') about all functions in maptools?
Not as of yet. The capabilities change weekly or at worst bi-weekly. So those who have stepped up to document it are holding off until the feature set is closer to complete.

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”