CommunityTool?

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Heroman
Cave Troll

CommunityTool?

Post by Heroman »

Hiyas, don't know if it has been mentioned before, as a tool, what about a Community Tool? Basically a central location for RPToolers to go to see resources, see active games, and generally chat. The key goal would be to give a nice interactive place for RPtoolers to chat, find pickup games, etc.

I expect it would be like a slimmed down maptool with a list of games (maybe even allow for a stored description). People should be able to share resources, give hyperlinks, launch maptool to the selected games, etc. While most of these tools are in-game focused, I think this would build some cohesion to the community, much like the Lobby in OpenRPG, though maybe even more centralized since MapTool does not do the single server/many games concept.

-hm

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yes, a lobby has been mentioned before.

Personally I think a PHP-based web page that provides the basic information that appears on the RPTools tab (under Connect to Server) would be first. Then additional information could be added, such as whether a password was required to connect, the date/time of the last update from the MT server, and so on. Perhaps even including the list of "handle names" used by people connected to the server. All of the above would be selectable by the GM and the players. (So the GM could enable which fields to upload to rptools.net and the players could further decide if they wanted to restrict their own information.)

But there are a lot of other important issues to cover!

Benz72
Giant

Post by Benz72 »

Just as a side note, in the connection window menu of available games... could someone add a field for the game system being used? perhaps even a filter to help find what one is looking for more easily?

Thanks

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”