Voice changing tool, or sound effects?

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

icemanjmw
Cave Troll

Voice changing tool, or sound effects?

Post by icemanjmw »

Hey all, just thought it might be neat although I'm not sure it's even possible. We're going to start playing online using netspeak and I wonder if there are any programs (free or cheap preferred, although Id pay if its good) that allow you to pump sound effects through to your players on the other end, and also anything that lets you switch your voice?

Dracorat
Dragon

Post by Dracorat »

http://www.screamingbee.com/

I use it, and it rocks.

icemanjmw
Cave Troll

Post by icemanjmw »

Dracorat wrote:http://www.screamingbee.com/

I use it, and it rocks.
Just downloaded the trial version tonight, gonna try it out tomorrow and since I haven't gotten my B-day presents yet this might be it.

Will this thing work over Teamspeak or any other program like that?

Dracorat
Dragon

Post by Dracorat »

Yes, it works perfectly because what it does is create a second sound device on your computer. You just point your voice software to the new sound card.

icemanjmw
Cave Troll

Post by icemanjmw »

Dracorat wrote:Yes, it works perfectly because what it does is create a second sound device on your computer. You just point your voice software to the new sound card.
Sweet, do you get any additional voices when you purchase, I see the addons but just wondered about how many voices you have in all? and how many are applicable to DnD?

Dracorat
Dragon

Post by Dracorat »

The voices are programmed presets. If you knew how, you could create them all yourself.

Purchasing just gives you the ability to use after day 30.

And almost all are applicable, the question is whether you have cause to use them.

icemanjmw
Cave Troll

Post by icemanjmw »

Cool, I definitely wanna try this out.

Sorry to bother again, but not sure if you got my PM? I know it may be late where you are so if you can't help that's cool.

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”