Adventure Editor

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Emryys
Dragon

Adventure Editor

Post by Emryys »

trevor wrote:
Anonymous wrote:One interesting side note, they are actively selling adventure plugins to the software developed by others.
We've been contemplating doing something very similar for maptool to help it pay its way, since the tool itself will always be free :)
In GRiP iGM there is an adventure editor....

Here is a Traveller adventure I made. You can add adventure notes, encounters, maps, random tables, pics sounds etc...

When you add an encounter, you can add maps, narrations for the encounter, Macros (little bits of "canned" text for the GM to use), Entities (which are full NPCs with there own GM sheet) and NPC's (which are "talking heads" not meant for combat)...

Here is a random table setup to make ship encounters...

Perhaps a tool that combines all these elements in one area that is able to "feed" the info etc to the other tools. An adventure editor :)

I would definately write adventures for others, but if published we would have watch copyright issues etc...
Game On!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Hmm, and adventure editor. Let's gather some more requirements.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

trevor wrote:It would be really sweet if those that were interested would take a look at the demo and report back the features they really dig, and we'll see about getting them in to maptool
I know you are busy guys, and I would never (sincerely) want to get you away from coding (the others would kill me ;) ), but for the features I've been mentioning, one of you should take a look at the GRiP trial version to see first hand what I've been posting about...

GRiP Free Trial

Although it is older, it really has the best developement in alot of these features...

If these examples have been helpful, I'll continue to post them :)
Game On!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Yeah it's good to get context

Fobbo
Giant

Post by Fobbo »

You might also want to look at DM Genie for features.
I have been using DM Genie for several years after have tried most of the other campagin and combat managers out there.

http://www.dmgenie.com

trevor

Post by trevor »

What are the specific features of dmgenie that keeps you coming back to it ?

Fobbo
Giant

Post by Fobbo »

Their are too many to name here. I did a little write up on DM Genie here
http://www.treasuretables.org/forum/ind ... topic=86.0

That you can take a look at.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Whoah, gonna have to take some time and parse through all those neat notes and reviews people posted.

Dang, no one did a review for rptools, where's the love ?!

Someone should write up a sweet review and win the contest, so we can get some sweet loving advertisement.

Heh, j/k :)

Fobbo
Giant

Post by Fobbo »

I was going to do a write up for maptools and I kept putting it off and ran out of time. I will post a new thread up there to talk about rptools.

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”