ChatTool (Low Bandwidth)

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

aku
Dragon

Re: ChatTool (Low Bandwidth)

Post by aku »

i like the chat bubble idea, alot, would be nice to see those popping up over tokens, comic book style.

The avatars idea, i'm less thrilled of. I suppose theres a reason many avatar based chat systems dont survive, or thrive. First, i see too much room for abuse here (someone tossing something dirty in the middle of their line), Although i can see quite the work for artists that make tokens now, it seems like too much work to do. and i'd never use my own face for these.

Benz72
Giant

Post by Benz72 »

I'm not sure I'd use it, but I'd certainly be willing to try it out.
One I get used to it the avatar speech bubble mode may be better... who knows?

Threid
Kobold

Post by Threid »

Hoorah wrote:I would just like speech attached to tokens that fades after a couple of seconds.
That, my friend, is an excellent suggestion - a good possible tie-in for the "Impersonate" option in Maptool. But, for now, the Maptool chat box is more than satisfactory; thanks, developers!

On a somewhat-unrelated note, is there any way (or any plans to enable us) to resize the character portraits that appear next to their text in the MT chat box?

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”