Kingdom Tool

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

huhlig
Giant

Kingdom Tool

Post by huhlig »

I was pondering weather to start this or not, but I am currently working on a project I am calling Kingdom Tool. It is written in java (aginst my better judgement) and is designed to be fed some starting information and then build a civilization much like Box of Klomph. Except this is designed to be far more informative and also be open source, linking into MT when the Campaign tool comes out.

I warn people, any java code I spit out is likely to be horribly buggy and most likely will go through trevor before being released. Hopefully this wont turn into vaporware but Ideas are more then appreciated.

Emryys
Dragon

Re: Kingdom Tool

Post by Emryys »

huhlig wrote:I am currently working on a project I am calling Kingdom Tool.
Don't forget about us Sci-Fi'ers... and Galaxy tool for our star spanning empires... :)
Game On!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

That sounds really great huhlig ! Feel free to IM, email, forum, or IRC me any question you have about java implementations.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Kingdom Tool

Post by Azhrei »

huhlig wrote:...and then build a civilization much like Box of Klomph.
I'm not familiar with BoK -- what exactly do you consider to be "civilization building"? How comprehensive will it be? Political background? Geological background? Religious background?

Just wondering what the scope of this project will be...

huhlig
Giant

Post by huhlig »

API truthfully, once the program chunks are developed, it would be possible to fork events as neccessary. Think of it as a simulator. Open source so people can expand on it at will.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Poor Will.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

speaking of Will, at the local atlatl competion (Yes, I have a local atlatl competion) the command to sling your spears in the general direction of the target is "Fire at Will!" One lady kept saying "I sure am glad my name's not Will."

Poor will
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

brisingre wrote:speaking of Will, at the local atlatl competion (Yes, I have a local atlatl competion) the command to sling your spears in the general direction of the target is "Fire at Will!" One lady kept saying "I sure am glad my name's not Will."

Poor will
heh
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”