getLibProperty() - Unknown Token?

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

getLibProperty() - Unknown Token?

Post by Rumble »

I'm running into a curious error that I didn't expect. I have a campaign with two library tokens, Lib:4e and Toolkit. Lib:4e has a number of commonly accessed lists on it. They're fixed, and they are not default values for properties - there are no default properties on the Lib:token.

So, I have a number of macros that use getLibProperty() to get certain items from the Lib:4e token. Those macros are called from my NPC and PC tokens (in the typical fashion, using the macro() roll option).

Anyway, while the PC/NPC tokens are on the same map with the Lib:4e token, everything worked just fine. However, when I moved the PC/NPC tokens to a new map (but left Lib:4e behind, as you are supposed to), I get "error executing getProperty() unknown token Lib:4e."

So, here's the thing: in the macros, I specified that the property needs to be drawn from Lib:4e, because I have other Lib:tokens on it (I was just making sure to be explicit). So, the call to getLibProperty looks like this:

Code: Select all

[h:infoList = getLibProperty("TrueMarks", "Lib:4e")]

What I've found is, if I leave off the "Lib:4e" argument, it works fine, and will draw the property from the Library Token it's currently running on (which is fine; and is how it's explained in the wiki). What I found odd is that it seems like, if I specify that it should draw the property from the token it's currently running on, it fails.

Thoughts? Did I miss something obvious? I'm only recently a heavy user of getLibProperty().

Return to “Macros”