View GM Notes Macro

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

View GM Notes Macro

Post by aliasmask »

This may seem overly simplistic, but I like to put notes on an NPC token and it's kind of a pain to read in the properties window where my notes are. I sometimes html format these notes as well and there is no real good way to view these notes while on the token layer.

So, I made a macro:

Code: Select all

[R, if(isGM()), dialog(getName(),"temporary=1;"):{[R: getGMNotes()]};{[R:"You do not have permission to view GM Notes."]}] 
Make sure the macro sets the "Apply to selected tokens" checkbox and turn off players may edit in options. You can put this macro on the token or in the Global Window and even the Campaign Window in case you have multiple GMs. Needless to say, this can be easily converted to display information about NPCs to the players as well.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: View GM Notes Macro

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, this is kind of annoying. :( There are a few things like this that I'd like to see changed:

1. your "notes on Tokens" for example
2. halos on Hidden/Object assets
3. modifying light sources on Hidden/Object assets
4. no Selection panel for assets on unselected layers (perhaps GM could double-click to cause asset to appear in the Selection panel?)
5. probably lots of others but my brain is mush right now 8)

Return to “Macros”