hp bar with critical damage

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

drakahn99
Kobold

hp bar with critical damage

Post by drakahn99 »

we are using deathwatch/rogue trader/dark heresey and i wanted to modify the hp and health bar macro located here http://lmwcs.com/rptools/wiki/HP_and_Health_Bars

to show a second bar that increments as the token takes aditional damage (the highest the critical damage goes is -10 hit points)

i keep messing it up and every time it keeps asking for aditional variables that are defined.

can any one help with this?
thanks

MikeKozar
Cave Troll

Re: hp bar with critical damage

Post by MikeKozar »

Could you be a little more specific about what you want? My SR4 framework runs two bars, and I can confirm that it is possible to have one overflow into another. We run top & bottom bars, but you could also bump the thickness up and have the second bar appear behind the first.

Why don't you post the code you're having trouble with and we'll see what we can do?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

What I do is have a second bar for negative number in D&D. You can see my resource here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... rc#p150098

Basically, once the token goes below zero I turn off the stun and health bars and turn on the "empty" bar and then have the damage bar go backwards until the target is dead.

So, I would recommend just using a new bar for dying damage. You can use Wiki: setBarVisible() to turn on and off your bars.

drakahn99
Kobold

Post by drakahn99 »

thanks that helps, btw i found the dark heresey/rogue trader/death watch frame work wich solved this issue for me just after i solved the problem lol

Return to “Macros”