Adding 2 times same token to initiative with different value

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Irrlicht
Dragon

Adding 2 times same token to initiative with different value

Post by Irrlicht »

I'm playing Pathfinder, and since there are some (although rare) abilities that allow creatures to act twice in a round, at different initiative values (usually, the second is the original minus 20), I was wondering if there was a way to add the same token twice to the initiative panel with different values.

For now, I could only come up with the manual workaround of placing a second token in the map and adding it to initiative as the placeholder for the secondary iniative of the creature with that ability.
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Adding 2 times same token to initiative with different v

Post by aliasmask »

You could just right click the same token and select Add to Initiative and it'll add a 2nd instance of it. You can then set initiative to the value you like or just drag it to where you want.

Irrlicht
Dragon

Post by Irrlicht »

Well, although I hoped there was some way to code it, this other way is so hilariously simple that the possibility didn't remotely cross my mind (primarily because I made the arbitrary assumption that the same token couldn't be present twice or more on the initiative panel)...
Thanks, haha.
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

This could be done with macros too. I think the 3.5/PF framework specifically looks for duplicates. You could probably update it to look for the feat(?) that allows them to have 2 actions and Wiki: addToInitiative() twice where the 2nd value is at -20. Some like

Code: Select all

[H: dieroll = d20 ]
[H: tImprovedInitiative = getStrProp(Feats, "ImprovedInitiative")]
[H: tImprovedInitiative = if(tImprovedInitiative == "", 0, tImprovedInitiative)]
[H: Initiative = (tImprovedInitiative * 4) + DexB + InitMod]
[H: tres = dieroll + Initiative + (0.01 * Initiative)]

[H: addToInitiative(0,tres)]
<b>Initiative: [T(tres): dieroll + Initiative]</b>

[H: tFeat = "0" + getStrProp(Feats,"Feat")]
[H, if(tFeat && Initiative > 20): addToInitiative(1,tres-20)]
tFeat would have to be in the Feats property of token named however you like and set to 1. This can be done manually for that token.

Return to “Macros”