Edit Notes?

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Full Bleed
Demigod

Edit Notes?

Post by Full Bleed »

Does anyone know of any good Edit Notes macros that will pull up existing notes in a token's Notes field, properly formatted, and allow editing/adding to them?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Edit Notes?

Post by wolph42 »

Full Bleed wrote:Does anyone know of any good Edit Notes macros that will pull up existing notes in a token's Notes field, properly formatted, and allow editing/adding to them?
could you elaborate? Like the handout macros??

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

This doesn't edit specifically the notes field of a token but does allow adding multiple notes. Format isn't all that great, but can do the trick.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 40#p149654

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

aliasmask wrote:This doesn't edit specifically the notes field of a token but does allow adding multiple notes. Format isn't all that great, but can do the trick.

I've added that one to the bot, with better formatting option added.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:This doesn't edit specifically the notes field of a token but does allow adding multiple notes. Format isn't all that great, but can do the trick.

This will give me something to work with, thanks.

I was hoping there was something that actually used the current notes field though as my players already have a lot of notes there. The getNotes() and setNotes() function just doesn't seem all that useful in its current form.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:I've added that one to the bot, with better formatting option added.
I don't see this in 37g... where should I be looking for it?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Full Bleed wrote:
wolph42 wrote:I've added that one to the bot, with better formatting option added.
I don't see this in 37g... where should I be looking for it?
its not in the campaign menu, only in the 'virtual' menu (the one you get when clicking the big black button). Its under the 'utils' tab, section: utils: 'Message Mngr'. There is also 'whisper frame' (lindsays, also with a boost) and 'show handout', which might also be relevant.

Return to “Macros”