No a good with code

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: No a good with code

Post by Full Bleed »

ArchmageDM wrote:one more question tho how do the init tool and character tool link up with map tool?
I don't use those tools (mostly because they don't integrate all that well with MT without jumping through some hoops).

There is a post on the CT forums about integration though: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10622

You might want to ask people in the framework thread that you are using if anyone has set up CT to integrate with it better. But don't hold your breath.

Likewise, it seems like Initiative Tool only has basic integration *if* you know how to set it all up: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15135

As a new user I'd suggest that you use the tools separately until the time comes that you have a better understanding of each piece of software. Once you understand what they can do alone then you might be more inspired to look into how to move data between them.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Stormraven
Kobold

Post by Stormraven »

Good evening everyone!

Long time MT user, first time macro coder. I'm a bit stuck on a macro that I've put together and unsure as to why its not working. I've been going through the wiki and tuturials to see if I couldn't figure it out solo, but to no avail. This board seemed like the right place to post and ask for a little help.

Here's my macro:
[h:arrows = 1]
[h:Ammo_Count = Ammo_Count - arrows]
My <U><B><font color=#0404B4>Ranged Attack</font></u></b> roll is <U><B><font color=#B40404>[d20+DexMod+BAB]</font></b></U>

Now when I run it everything works except for the chat output. I get "
My Ranged Attack roll is roll is 18"

As you can see "roll is" is doubled.
I tried changing [d20+DexMod+BAB] to {d20+DexMod+BAB}
With that, the Chat output is corrected, but now I don't get the Tooltip.

What am I missing?
I would like to correct the chat output and still have the tooltip. :shock:

Thanks!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Make sure to uncheck "insert smilies" in preferences. It's a known bug that causes duplicate output.

Stormraven
Kobold

Post by Stormraven »

Wonderful! Thanks guys! :D

Return to “Macros”