How would I run a macro on next in initiative?

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Shadowfireomega
Giant

How would I run a macro on next in initiative?

Post by Shadowfireomega »

Is there a way to run a command to the next person in the initiative order? Specifically I want to clear bonuses/penalties for the next person in line when you hit the end turn button. This is specifically for feats such as Power Attack and Combat Expertise in 3.5.

Edit: Also, is there a way to stop someone using the macro if they do not have the current initiative?
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
"Space is his favorite thing in the world!"
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Irrlicht
Dragon

Re: How would I run a macro on next in initiative?

Post by Irrlicht »

Personally, I prefer to leave the effects of Power Attack and such as they are, until a player actively chooses to set them on or off.

But anyway, I think the only way to do that is creating a macro that handles initiative, with all the commands of the Initiative panel incorporated into it, and more (such as the thing you want).
Instead of using the normal buttons in the Initiative panel, you'll always use that macro.
Or anyway a simple macro that advances initiative and applies the additional things you want.

As for disabling players' ability to use macros, I think they are disabled by default, when a token is in the Initiative panel but doesn't have initiative.
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

Return to “Macros”