Size beyond Colossal

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Irrlicht
Dragon

Size beyond Colossal

Post by Irrlicht »

The base question is: how do I set greater sizes than Colossal with a square grid without it acting oddly?

I tried to change the token to a background object, set it freesize, adjust to the desired size and moving back to the token layer, but then it snapped to grid unevenly, like this:
Spoiler
Before that, I tried to use Wiki: setSize(), but looks like it only accepts the preset text sizes, from Fine to Colossal. I thought the third table in the wiki page indicated the numbers (in the "Gridless" columns) corresponding to given sizes, but setSize() doesn't seem to accept numbers as size parameters.
"There are many ways my Son, to find where the souls of Demons remain...
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Size beyond Colossal

Post by aliasmask »

If you're trying to increase the visual size try going to the config tab in token properties and using the scroll to increase the size. But this will not change the footprint which affects certain macro functions like getDistance. About it taking up half squares. The default footprint is medium which is probably why your other image was offset. If you changed it to large and then set it to an even number of squares (like 8x8), then it should be centered correctly.

Irrlicht
Dragon

Post by Irrlicht »

Uhm, so got to resort to tricks... but what do you mean by setting it as 8x8 squares? With the freesize trick or is there an option?
But it takes only one second of despair and of doubt until, at last, your Soul they will gain..."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Irrlicht wrote:Uhm, so got to resort to tricks... but what do you mean by setting it as 8x8 squares? With the freesize trick or is there an option?
I mean manually resizing an image to whatever size. Assuming you want it to fit to the grid, you can drag the corner holding the shift-ctrl to resize evenly and to the grid. However many squares it takes up, odd or even, the footprint should be odd or even respectfully.

Basically, figure out the tokens grid size you want, lets say 8x8. Set token on token layer to large (2x2), gargantuan(4x4) or colossal(6x6). Change token to object layer, then to freesize. Size the image to the desired grid size (8x8) then change back to token layer. If you wanted a 9x9, then set size to medium or huge(3x3) then repeat the above to set to 9x9 size.

IMO, if I were to redo the 3.5/pathfinder framework, I would keep the size modifier separate from the actual token size just because of things like this. But this is one of those outlier conditions that's easier to handle manually than to try to program for. It would be nice if the size could be set by grid size rather than by predetermined names.

Irrlicht
Dragon

Post by Irrlicht »

Yes, I too keep them separate. An actual example comes with swarm creatures; their size is Tiny, Diminutive or whatever, but the real space of the swarm is 2x2, as a Large creature, and tying the modifier to the represented size would break the stats.

Anyway, got it, thanks.

Return to “Macros”