macro regex issue, end of line in multiline

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: macro regex issue, end of line in multiline

Post by wolph42 »

then you require a more advanced type of regex (something Az could certainly provide!).

is the " bite."ALWAYS a " somethingWitoutSpaces." ? cause if so perhaps you can use a lookbehind construction.
another identifier might be: "[.]\s{2}\w+[.]" you could then replace the \s{2} with e.g. @#@ upfront.

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

wolph42 wrote:then you require a more advanced type of regex (something Az could certainly provide!).
Bring it on Az!!
wolph42 wrote: is the " bite."ALWAYS a " somethingWitoutSpaces." ? cause if so perhaps you can use a lookbehind construction.
another identifier might be: "[.]\s{2}\w+[.]" you could then replace the \s{2} with e.g. @#@ upfront.
:roll: Here goes another few hours testing lookbehind! :roll:

BTW, I noticed on your limit sight map you had kind of a cloudy FOW instead of the usual straight black, what's up with that? How'd you get that? I found it quite a nice surprise! How do you accomplish this?
OOOHH RegEx....YOU BITTER-SWEET BEAST!!!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Sereptus wrote:BTW, I noticed on your limit sight map you had kind of a cloudy FOW instead of the usual straight black, what's up with that? How'd you get that? I found it quite a nice surprise! How do you accomplish this?
You can use an image for the FOW. I have a heavy snow FOW image I use sometimes. It has a very slight transparency to it, so large dark objects can be seen, but not in detail. The option to change to an image is under the map settings, edit map.

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

aliasmask wrote: You can use an image for the FOW. I have a heavy snow FOW image I use sometimes. It has a very slight transparency to it, so large dark objects can be seen, but not in detail. The option to change to an image is under the map settings, edit map.
Forest for the trees eh? I figured I was going to have to go into some deeply embedded archive and rip apart an asset file etc.... :P Wow this is going to add a whole new theme for my players! :D Can't believe I didn't look at this option before! :oops:

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

aliasmask wrote:The way the data is entered matters. With the statblock importer, there are no CRLF because the info is entered via input() text field which filters out those characters.
So is there no way to put the carriage returns back in? I mean if the input() strips it away, couldn't we restrip it? :P

I assume this can't be done or it would've been an option you mentioned. :?

Return to “Macros”