Long saved campaign, trying to find missing macros

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Geneocide
Cave Troll

Long saved campaign, trying to find missing macros

Post by Geneocide »

A long time ago I was running a campaign. I had it all decked out with sweet health bars and marks for being bloodied and stats for the NPCs and the like. I'm looking around at it now, and I feel like I'm missing the global macros, like roll initiative or update HP. Are those macros something that doesn't save with the campaign file, so they're gone? Or am I just not finding them? I looked in all the Windows, including Global and Campaign.

I shared the campaign as well. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ccmdceutjcxq ... HWwJa?dl=0 Maybe they're recoverable from that somehow?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Long saved campaign, trying to find missing macros

Post by Full Bleed »

Geneocide wrote:I shared the campaign as well. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ccmdceutjcxq ... HWwJa?dl=0 Maybe they're recoverable from that somehow?
That just looks like an asset repository... can you share the actual cmpgn file somewhere?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

I thought global macros were stored in the windows registry?

Geneocide
Cave Troll

Post by Geneocide »

I posted the cmpgn file in the same folder, so the link should take you to it.

If they're stored in the registry then I think mine are gone. That was like 2 PC's ago and I have a lot of backups, but I don't think I backed up the registry. That would kinda make sense, though. Otherwise how else would the work in multiple campaigns.

Blarg. :cry:

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

metatheurgist wrote:I thought global macros were stored in the windows registry?
Yeah... it looks like that must be what he's missing.

I never use the global macros for that exact reason. I was hoping that the meat of the macros would have been stored on some lib tokens somewhere, but I didn't see any of those.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “Macros”