carrying a variable over from one macro to another

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: carrying a variable over from one macro to another

Post by wolph42 »

MandyRae wrote:using the first half of your code (copy + paste) outputted to chat.

And i turned all the logging options on, but do not see the log.txt file, nor a .maptools folder (turned show hidden files and folders on to be sure.)

and yes, I see that you did reduce a lot of code from mine (i knew there was a more streamlined way) but the whole reason for the conditions macro in the lib:token is so when any other macro (like a special ability macro, or an attack macro) applies one of those states, I can just call the condition macro, instead of having to redo the specific portion of code.

Keep in mind that I'm not automating anything. There are no dice rolls being used in my macros, as I am to be using MT as a battle mat for a face to face game, and am simply trying to create a framework that tracks combat changes while all the players use their dice. At most I'll have my laptop running as the GM, and one or two other boxes running for the group, with the main one attached to a large screen TV.
the log file is in (something similar to and depending on your os): c:\users\username\.maptool

MandyRae
Cave Troll

Post by MandyRae »

ran macro three times, got the same error, but log file is empty

MandyRae
Cave Troll

Post by MandyRae »

I got it working, TY, sweetie!

Return to “Macros”