Can't remember my Initiative macros

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Chimera245
Cave Troll

Can't remember my Initiative macros

Post by Chimera245 »

Due to some computer troubles a while back, I had to reinstall my OS and wipe my hard drive. I backed a lot of stuff up first, obviously, but forgot that Global Macros aren't stored in the campaign files, and lost them.

I cannot remember how my Initiative macros were set up, however. I had three of them.

1. the "everyone rolls initiative" button.
-all selected tokens are added to initiative
-all selected tokens roll initiative, and have their initiative values set
-sort the initiative window.

2. the "next person's turn" button.
-remove the "Initiative" state (that I set up in campaign properties; It's a little yellow dot in the upper right corner of the token) from the token that currently has initiative
-go to the next token in the initiative list
-add the "initiative" state to the new token

3. the "combat's over, go heal and loot bodies now" button.
-removes the "initiative" state from current initiative token
-removes all tokens from initiative window.

I really liked this system. Just drag your mouse across the dungeon room and click a button to get all PCs and monsters to roll initiative at once. I didn't even have to OPEN the initiative window to know whose turn it was.
But I can't remember how I coded them. I think I got the idea somewhere else on the board, but I've been searching all day and can't find it again...

Can anyone help me out? I *think* I've got the first macro done, but without the other two, I can't really test it with certainty.
[h:addtoInitiative()]
[h:setInitiative(1d20+DEX)]
[h:sortInitiative()]

But the second is giving me trouble.
[h:getInitiativeToken()]
[h:setstate("Initiative",0)]
[h:nextInitiative()]
[h:getInitiativeToken()]
[h:setstate("Initiative",1)]

I imagine the third will be fairly easy, just "setstate Initiative 0" then "remove all from initiative" but got stuck on the second macro before I could try.

Return to “Macros”