Disabled or Readonly attributes with Textarea?

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Full Bleed
Demigod

Disabled or Readonly attributes with Textarea?

Post by Full Bleed »

I can't get either of these attributes to work with textarea.

Is this possible?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Disabled or Readonly attributes with Textarea?

Post by aliasmask »

Full Bleed wrote:I can't get either of these attributes to work with textarea.

Is this possible?
Nope. I would instead just post the text given whatever condition makes the textarea disabled. Maybe spruce it up with a border to have it resemble the textarea box.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:Nope. I would instead just post the text given whatever condition makes the textarea disabled. Maybe spruce it up with a border to have it resemble the textarea box.
This arose out of adapting your edit notes code to have a display only option. But the notes only render properly formatted in a textarea. So I'm not sure how to do what you are suggesting here.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Full Bleed wrote:
aliasmask wrote:Nope. I would instead just post the text given whatever condition makes the textarea disabled. Maybe spruce it up with a border to have it resemble the textarea box.
This arose out of adapting your edit notes code to have a display only option. But the notes only render properly formatted in a textarea. So I'm not sure how to do what you are suggesting here.
The text replacements for displaying text inside the textarea are different that what is needed to display the raw text without having html show up. In most cases all you need to do is replace the < with < and you're good if you want to display the literal text without html.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:The text replacements for displaying text inside the textarea are different that what is needed to display the raw text without having html show up. In most cases all you need to do is replace the < with < and you're good if you want to display the literal text without html.
I guess I'm not making myself clear.

I want to display the notes in a dialog, with all the proper carriage returns and formatting, but *not* be in an editable box (hence the reason I wanted to make the textarea readonly or disabled)

Everytime I try putting the text outside a textarea, it's one run-on block of unformatted text.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Did you try putting <html></html> tags around it? Or try some other tags like <div>? I've had some success using tags like <pre> and such in random areas of MT and it working...
-Jamz

Return to “Macros”