Syrinscape integration help

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

DMG
Kobold

Syrinscape integration help

Post by DMG »

Hi Folks,

I've just started dabbling with macros in MapTool. So far, so good (combat etc).

However there's one feature I'd like to use, but can't figure out how: Syrinscape integration.

I can add a URI ('syrinscape-fantasy:moods/d2l0Y2h3b29kOjpSYWluaW5nIGFnYWlu/play/') to a desktop shortcut (Windows) & run Syrinscape directly from the shortcut.

Is there any way of triggering a URI from a macro in Maptool? If I can, I can add links to various room moods from tokens on the map, or even integrate spell / combat sounds for each token.

Thanks,
Jim.

xavram
Dragon

Re: Syrinscape integration help

Post by xavram »

That would be way cool (I use Syrinscape too), but I'm not sure you can do that in maptool...

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Pretty sure you can't use those URI's in MT...yet...

I need to investigate similar URI logic for some Realm Works integration which should be around the corner. If it's easy and "safe" I may try and get it to work. Of course, for my use case, I'd like Syrinscape to play on the client PC...
-Jamz

DMG
Kobold

Post by DMG »

There's supposedly a master / slave version of Syrinscape in the pipeline.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

OK, So I have Syrinscape integration working now*, woot! It works by either creating a normal HTML tag like:

<a href="fantasy:elements/ZGVzZXJ0ZWQtZGVzZXJ0LWhvdXNlOjoyNy1kb29yLXN3aW5ncy1zaHV0/play/">Play this sound</a>

Or passing the URI to the sendURL() macro. The later makes it easy to create macroLinks so it will invoke the the sound via syrinscape on remote clients! In this sample, I have this code in my "Close Door" macro:

Code: Select all

[r: macroLink("Closed " + getName(doorToken), "playSyrinscape@Lib:NerpsForPathfinder", "all", "URI=syrinscape-fantasy:elements/ZGVzZXJ0ZWQtZGVzZXJ0LWhvdXNlOjoyNy1kb29yLXN3aW5ncy1zaHV0/play/")]
playSyrinscape@Lib:NerpsForPathfinder"

Code: Select all

[h: URI = getStrProp(macro.args, "URI")]
[h: sendURL(URI)]
What is sort of sweet is that if the sound has mutiple versions, like this one, you get a random sound each time thanks to syrinscape. Right now it WILL require Syrinscape to be installed on the connected clients and they will have to own that soundset. When the master/minion software comes out, I'll work on that (if any changes are required) but hope it will just launch the minion version of the player instead and bam!

*Coming to a Nerps! Fork soon(tm)
-Jamz

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

kind of in line with this, Jamz, do you think MapTool will ever have sound support? Like put sound effects out on a shared site, then tie them to macros?

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

xavram wrote:kind of in line with this, Jamz, do you think MapTool will ever have sound support? Like put sound effects out on a shared site, then tie them to macros?
Yea, more than likely. I had mocked up a working prototype a few years ago but had issues due to FX, but that wouldnt be an issue now.

I think I would wait until we upgrade the UI to FX. And after playing with syrinscape I have better UI ideas that would make it work better.

PS my fork has intitial support for Syrinscape now...
-Jamz

DMG
Kobold

Post by DMG »

Thanks for looking into this Jamz.

However, for some reason, it's still not working for me.

If I add the hyperlink into a token note or GM note, it doesn't trigger anything. Same if I add it into a macro button. Although if I add a link to Google, it does open Google in a browser.

Do you have a link to your sendURL macro anywhere? Hopefully that will work for me...

Thanks,
Jim.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Code is in previous post...
-Jamz

Return to “Macros”